Monday, June 4, 2012

Charlie! What did you get into!?!

UPDATE: Charlie has hand, foot and mouth disease, not to be confused with foot and mouth disease, which only cows, not humans can get. So no, Charlie does not have Mad Cow disease as I panicked the first time I heart the prognosis. It's like chicken pox, a few days of anti-vial meds and he'll be fine. Oh, but he'll never be allowed to step outside the house ever again....
Sunday was probably one of the hardest days we've had with Charlie since he was born.  He was so miserable.  He wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, he just cried all day.  The only time we could get him to calm down was actually in our arms.  On top of this killer rash, he was cutting molars.  It was a double whammy of miserableness



His friend at day care has it too, they got into something the little devils....



With lots of benadryl, ibuprofen, and hydro-cortisone, he's back to his happy self today, it just looks brutal
Nothing slows this kid down!

4 comments:

*kate said...

youch! :-(

Unknown said...

Oh poor baby! Man, that just looks miserable. I hope it clears up quickly! We've been dealing with the worst dipe rash we've ever seen and I just feel so sorry for the kid, you can tell he just feels like crap! Feel better Charlie!

Shannon said...

Sorry, that was me up above :)

Melinda said...

Holy buckets buddy... I don't think I have ever seen it that bad. Hugs to Charlie.