Today, I turned 34 (even though I thought I was 32 all this last year, whoops, missed a year) Matt was so sweet and was willing to do whatever I wanted.
I wanted to sleep in, that was all. Guess what time I got up? 7 AM. Damn you internal clock, I hate you. Saturday was a bust on getting anything done so I wanted to
get stuff done.
I got to go to the grocery store and Target all by myself (heaven). I then proceeded to throw some things around in the kitchen because I'm PMSing and my stupid sandwich wouldn't cooperate. Matt said nothing cuz it's my birfday and I get a pass. Then we went to the depot and bought mulch and spent the rest of the day outside. I got to splash with Charlie in his new pool for a while (pics coming tomorrow) and then we just worked. But it's what I wanted and I got spend the whole day gettin' hot and sweaty with my husband....doing yard work.
We're about to grill some pork tenderloin and I made a mammoth salad with tons of in-season, cheap veggies (I LOVE SUMMER)
Fantastic day- just fantastic
 |
| Before- so very non-mulchy |
 |
| Before- those shrubs are so unruley! |
 |
| The bushes are always a little see-through when you first trim them, but they'll fill in |
 |
| It's amazing what a little mulch can do. Next on the list....the cheapo, ugly mailbox |
 |
| maybe something like this awesomeness? Source |
No comments:
Post a Comment